Welcome to my personal website. This portfolio showcases projects where I got my hands dirty or designed something I am proud of.
I graduated from Duke University in May 2017 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. I am a first-generation college student and am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in Optics at the University of Arizona.
I currently work with the Large Optics Fabrication and Testing Group (LOFT) on exciting and super rad techniques to measure freeform optics.
1. L.R. Graves, H. Quach, H. Choi, and D.W. Kim, "Infinite deflectometry enabling 2π-steradian measurement range," Opt. Express 27, 7602-7615 (2019).
2. L.R. Graves , H.Quach, R.J. Koshel, C.J. Oh, and D.W. Kim, "High contrast thermal deflectometry using long-wave infrared time modulated integrating cavity source," Opt. Express 27, 28660-28678 (2019).
3. D.W. Kim, G. Smith, M. Dubin, A. Lowman, C.J. Oh, H. Quach, H. Kang, H. Yoo, I. Trumper, L.R. Graves, M. Aftab, C. Davila-Peralta, J. Hyatt, and H. Choi, "Advances in reconfigurable optical metrology, characterization, and data analysis," Journal of Physics: Photonics (2020, in submission).
1. D.W. Kim, M. Aftab, I. Trumper, L.R. Graves, H. Quach, H. Kang, X. Guo, and H. Choi, "Programmatic Large Precision Optics Manufacturing," International Conference on Optics and Electro-Optics (2019).
2. D.W. Kim, M. Aftab, I. Trumper, L.R. Graves, H.Quach, H. Kang, H. Yoo, A. Lowman, G. Smith, M. Dubin, C.J. Oh, J. Hyatt, C. Davila-Peralta, H.J. Choi "Reconfigurable dynamic optical system design, test, and data analysis," SPIE Photonics Europe 11352 (2020).
3. H. Quach, L.R. Graves, H. Kang, D.W. Kim "Electrically-Modulated optoelectronics-based infrared source enabling ground surface precision deflectometry," Advances in Optoelectronic Technology and Industry Development (2020).
4. D.W. Kim, C.K. Walker, D. Apai, T.D. Milster, Y. Takashima, R. Liang, et al., "Disruptive space telescope concepts, designs, and developments: OASIS and Nautilus," EOSAM Frontiers in Optical Metrology (2020, in submission).
5. H. Quach, J. Berkson, S. Sirsi, H. Choi, R. Dominguez, B. Duffy, D. Lesser, Y. Takashima, A. Palisoc, C. Walker, D.W. Kim., "Full-Aperture Optical Metrology for Inflatable Membrane Mirrors," Optical Manufacturing and Testing XIII (2020, in submission).
6. H. Quach, H. Kang, H. Choi, D.W. Kim, "Non-Planar Illumination Sources for Deflectometry," Optical Manufacturing and Testing XIII (2020, in submission).
7. H. Kang, H. Quach, H. Choi, G. Smith, D.W. Kim, "Computational alignment of on-machine deflectometry," Optical Manufacturing and Testing XIII (2020, in submission).
Advanced Product Development Intern
Spacesuit Engineering Intern
Cleanroom Lab Assistant
Civil Engineering Intern
Ph.D. in Optics/Optical Sciences2018 - 2023
BS in Mechanical Engineering2013 - 2017
(You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org)